Clarity of Thoughts. Essential 30 secs to 2 min Pitch. That's all that you have to drive attention.
Conclusion in the first place (page). Depends of who you talk and present to but mostly people do not have more than 20 sec attention. It is attention spam due to amount process information daily. Meaning you bring the asset up to the front before person gets bored.
Attention Seekers vs Attention Spam.
AVOID SEEKING ATTENTION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
Speak only valid information and to valid people. Do not ever seek attention if you have nothing really important to say and you just wanna attention or someone to talk to or someone to complain to. That's the worst. The epidemic of complains.
Practice Practice Practice to say valuable information short and sweet, right to the point.
LESS IS MORE APPLIES ALSO IN SPEECH NOT JUST IN VISUAL DESIGN BUT ALSO IN VOICE DESIGN, IN BUSINESS EMAILS AND USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH DOCUMENTATIONS.
There is place for ChitChat but not necessary when Attention needs to be driven to specific action, not lost on the way to the necessary points.
It is like taking the train or flight, you want to get to the chosen destination. With Road Trips is different. Compare Pitch to Flight and Chitchat to Road Trip. Simple.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE 20 secs to 2 minutes
Join ToastMasters to which I have personally attended and do recommend to all.
Those events help me and many others, including my friends and workmates in achieving
Importance of the Clarity of Thoughts before you speak/approach.
1. Know what you want to say.
2. Prepare before. Practice with Timer. Be restr
3. Acting skills - Performing Skill - Play role in front of the mirror or even better in front of other human, friend, peer, mentor.
4. Delivery information quickly enough to not loose attention.
5. Make necessary notes - bullets points in case of stress/memory but better to avoid it.
6. Headings and short info.
7. Jumping from one subject minor to major and back to minor is not good.
8. DO NOT DO IT EVEN ON SLACK.
9. Ask Question before to be certain.
10. Ask Question and Give Answers.
11. Be prepared for Q&A.
12. Readdress Issues when necessary.
13. Be Open for getting feedback not always necessary nice one but honest and constructive.
14. Only on that kind of feedback you can grow.
15. Ask for feedback. Do not give unnecessary and unasked opinions.
16. Reciprocate with growing and inspiring mindset not just courtesy.
17. Mostly have a fun with a smile and joy inside.
18. Life doesn't have to be stressful.
19. Be you, bring sense of your uniqueness to the game but learn from the best ones.
20. Speak not only from mind, logic but as well from gut feeling.
Fear of presentation only exists inside your mind. Do everything to make the fear your friend and you will be unbeatable. Mostly Enjoy even those awkward moments. Because they happen even to the best ones. That's Life. Deal with it.